Signs of canine illness
How you can know if your pet is sick Proprietors who observe and take care of their healthy dogs possess a jump on realizing early indications of illness within their pets. Individuals who understand what a healthy pet functions, feels, and has the aroma of can place variations in behavior and physiques and see whether a visit to the vet is essential. Healthy dogs possess a temperature of 101-102? F, a respiratory system rate of 15-20 breathing each minute, along with a heartbeat of 80-120 bpm. They’ve
pink mucous membranes (nicotine gums, within lips, tongue, within eyelids) and rapid capillary refill action during these areas. They’ve clean-smelling ears and
skin along with a full haircoat. Their skin is pliant, a sign of a good hydration, as well as their eyes are obvious and vibrant. In case your puppy or dog shows the following signs, be ready to call your vet.
• Eyes: swelling, discharge, redness, etc.
• Nose: running, crusting, discharge, etc.
• Ears: discharge, debris, odor, twitching, scratching, shaking, etc.
• Coughing, gagging, sneezing, retching, or vomiting.
• Irregular breathing, shortness of breath, prolonged or heavy
• Intestinal activity o Color and consistency of bowel movement
o Frequency of defecation
o Bloody stool
o Evidence of parasites, etc
• Change in amout of food intake
• Change in body weight
• Change in water intake
o Dribbling, etc.
• Coat & skin
o Hair loss
o Color change
o Bite marks
o Evidence of parasites
o Licking, etc.
o Falling, etc.
Noticing signs is half the battle; keeping a record helps the veterinarian
make a diagnosis. Be sure to note when the symptom first appeared, and
whether it has been intermittent, continuous, increasing in frequency, getting
better, or getting worse bfore calling the veterinarian.