If you live in Arizona and are looking to insure a home, there are several things you can do to get discounts on your homeowner’s insurance rate and save a few dollars.
Typically, the company offers a discount of at least 5% for a smoke detector, dead-bolt locks, or burglar alarm. And, only some organizations simply offer you to cut your premium by as much as 15% or even 20% if you install a remarkable system and fire alarm that straight-forwardly rings at the police, fire, or other monitoring stations. Remember that these are the systems that are not cheap and even not every system qualifies for a discount. Some insurer offers to buy 2 get 1 discount and if you want to know how much amount you saved for discounts, then simply try percent off calculator. Also, you can use an online discount calculator that helps you figure out a discounted price after applying discounted & sales on the product.
1. First and foremost, make sure that you’re shopping your insurance with companies licensed to do business in Arizona. If you’re not sure if the company is licensed in the state, stop by the Arizona Department of Insurance website which contains a listing of all companies licensed in the state.
2. Bundle Your Coverages: Insurance companies like to write more than one line of your coverage. By placing more than one of your policies with an insurance company, you will receive a discount. The discount varies from company to company, so make sure to ask about it when shopping.
3. Quit Smoking: Insurance companies prefer non-smokers.
4. Protect Your Pool – If you have a pool, make sure it is not easily accessible to a child who may inadvertently wander into your yard. If you’re thinking of installing a pool, check with your insurance carrier first. Many companies do not like in ground pools with diving boards and may refuse to provide coverage. Those who are willing to provide coverage will charge a higher premium.
5. Deductibles: Get alternative quotes for different deductibles. The higher the deductible, the more of a savings in premium. Make sure that the premium savings is worth the increase deductible outlay.
6. What type of dog do you have?: Although you feel your pooch is a sweet family pet that wouldn’t hurt a fly, insurance companies feel differently. They may charge more if you have certain breeds of dog. The breeds are usually larger dogs that carry a reputation, no matter how unwarranted the reputation is. Your sweet loveable Rottweiler may be the cause of an increase in your homeowner’s insurance rate.
7. Shop: Always shop around and get more than one insurance quote.