10 Best Fruits and Vegetables for Dogs
written by: Writernator
Dogs, like all other animals need a change in diet once in a while. This can be achieved by supplementing the dog’s diet with fruits and vegetables. Fruits and vegetables make the perfect alternative in the dogs diet. However, it has been proven that certain fruits outperform others in helping your furry friend, bellow are some:
1. Green BeansWhile your kids may have a thing or two against green beans, the same cannot be said of of dogs. The fruit is a good source of vitamin K, A and C. It is also a good source of omega 3 fatty acids, this fruit is bound to benefit the dog. Other beneficial elements to be found in the fruit include calcium, folic acid, manganese, copper, iron & potassium.
2. Spinach.Spinach is a great source of iron, as a matter of fact, it is a source of twice the amount of iron found in most other vegetables. When mixed with the dog’s regular diet, it will help prevent cardiovascular diseases as well as inflammatory issues.
3.Cantaloupe.Full of essential vitamins, this fruit is extremely beneficial to the dogs eyesight. In particular the fruit has plenty of beta carotene and vitamin A. Beta carotene reduces the chances that your dog could contract any form of cancer. This fruit is also a good source of fiber, niacin, vitamin b-6, and potassium.
4. Sweet Potatoes.When boiled, the sweet potato is a great source of various vitamins, Iron, potassium, and copper. Just like its name, sweet potatoes are tasty. They will therefore be a great addition to your furry friends’s diet.
5. Apples. The fact that dogs like playing with round objects will help them start off with the apple. This fruit is particularly a powerful antioxidant and provides lots of vitamins to the dog. This is thus a wonderful diet for your pooch.
6. Blue Berries.To human beings, these fruits serve to help prevent heart diseases to to the high resveratol content. The fruit will do the same and ,ore for your dog if fed to him on an alternative basis. The fruit also help prevent UTIs due to tannins found within the fruit.
7. Pumpkin.If your are looking for a good source of fiber for your dog, then the pumpkin is a perfect source. It is also a great source of fiber which will help alleviate the dog’s diarrhea and constipation.
8. WatermelonsFeeding man’s best friend with the watermelon ensures that the dog gets all the lycopene its body needs. The dog also gains several vitamins such as vitamin c, B-6, and A. Besides vitamins, the pooch will also obtain thiamin from consuming the fruit. High water content will also serve to hydrate the dog.
9. Asparagus.This vegetable is suitable for your dog when cut up into bite sizes. It is a good source of vitamins A, C, B1 and B2, & K as well as other elements. The vegetable is also a great source of copper, folate, iron, manganese, fiber, & potassium.
10. Pears.This fruit will work to strengthen your dog’s heart and intestinal tract. Pears are known to contain pectin which strengthens the dog’s intestinal tract. They are also known to contain beneficial anti oxidants.